Anyone else feel uncomfortable ordering coffee these days? As if learning to speak 'starbucks' wasn't difficult enough, the shop where I get my coffee has begun renaming its coffees after the region the bean was grown in: Rwanda, Ethiopia, Columbia.
The result, however unintentional, is that every morning I squirm uncomfortably as I order a 'Tall Rwandan' or 'Medium Ethiopian' to go. Doesn't the US grow coffee? I'd feel a lot more comfortable ordering an 'Extra-rich American' to get me going in the morning...
Tuesday, October 25, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
LOL... my closest 7 11 has this new AA kenyan!
when did kenyans become doubble A and why!.
assuming there not in the phone book.
That being said Id take a tall Ethiopean over a ritch american anyday!!
hey, I mislplaced the proper link for your blog & so thought you had stopped. Glad you didn't. I only drink ghetto coffee that is lukewarm cream basically, too impatient to stand in line at any of the fancy cafes. At the ghettocafes you can still get a medium & leave it at that (of course the coffee is horrendous!!!!).
Glad you're still posting. L. (ps. who are these anonymous?)
Post a Comment