A journal entry from 10 years ago today made me laugh(amazing the things I can find to do when procrastinating from cleaning). Here it is:
March 19, 1996
I happened, out of boredom, to read an entry in this journal. My eyes opened wide in surprise - heart beating faster, I turned the page, the blood ran from my cheeks and I began to sweat, though I was suddenly freezing. I forced myself through one more entry before slumping back in my chair, glassy eyes staring blankly ahead. My pen rolled across the desk, coming to the edge and teetering for a moment before plunging to the ground, I smiled to myself pleased at the symbolism. It was true...still is true:
I. Am not. Interesting.
Hah! I crack myself up. I guess the more things change, the more they stay the same ;)
Sunday, March 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
:) it's cool when we have moments of chuckling at ourselves. :)
Like all "gems" your depth and facets of character are most evident on closer inspection..........Flawless
Post a Comment