Tuesday, July 11, 2006

hey, you, step away from that counter!

This is me at Bombay Tiffany's, Mysore's best sweet shop:




See how I'm looking away from the counter all innocent like? That's because I'm not supposed to be there. Whatever you may have heard about travelling in India, dodgy food/water and and travellers who return home poor little skeletons - that doesn't apply to me. Maybe its the immense amounts of sweets, thick, rich dairy, and carb overload that comprises just about every meal; but each time I come to India I return home several pounds heavier.

This time I was determined not to let that happen and the first critical step in this plan was to avoid Bombay Tiffany's, home of Mysore Pak (or, in my case, better known as Mysore Crack). Mysore Pak is a sweet made from ghee (butter) and jaggery (sugar) with a bit of flour thrown in for substance - what more could I ask for in a food?

I did pretty well for a while, managed to delay the inevitable resumption of my addiction for about a week into my visit before succumbing, but all it took was one visit, one taste, and I was a gonner. All I can say about my complete lack of restraint is that its been sweet, very sweet :)

4 comments:

a. said...

what a cute photo of you! mysore pak is yummy and there are worse addiction! ;0)

Anonymous said...

Every photo of you is cute! Damn you!! ;)

Call me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Um, call me.....

Love Laura.

Dr Disco said...

yes v cute!
hows it all going?
was the birthday great?
xxx abbyx

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»