I was talking to one of my favourite people in the entire world today and, as is the case with all our conversations, after we hung up the phone I sat lost in thought, letting snippets of our conversation float to the surface before drifting away. We have the oddest synchronicity, he and I. He's my spiritual twin, my mirror, and he has the habit of saying exactly what I need to hear. I often feel like I've exhaled whatever it was I needed to release or relax into after we've talked. It's perfect.
Today he was talking about his 3 year old daughter, how he's noticed that she will not do things if told - pushed - to do them but that if left alone and given space, she'll do it of her own accord. Yeah. I know that that's not news, that you've probably observed that with other beings in your life, but it was exactly what I needed to hear today.
I'm pushing the universe on a million different levels to reveal what it has in store for me. There are too many unknowns in my future which feel all too real because I 'officially' resigned from my job yesterday. I'm scared and I'm pushing. My incessant, constant, scratching need. to. know. is pushing, pushing, pushing in this hopeless, impossible game that I can't possibly win. I know it, I know I can't push things to reveal themselves before their time but, in my fear, I forget.
It was good to be reminded by K. today. Every time I replay his words in my mind I get this kind of abashed, embarassed grin on my face and feel that pushy part of me look around with mock innocence as if to say "Who me? Pushing?" with lips pursed in a too-casual whistle. Yeah, you, pushing - I see you.
It's good to have mirrors.
Saturday, February 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Have you ever given any thought to the idea that the things you look for in life tend to be a reflection of who you are internally?
Considering this, you will probably continue having a hard time pushing to discover something until some shifting takes place within you.
Look a bit harder...all the answers lie in you...
Peace.
"look harder" for the answers that lie within in response to a post commenting on how frustrated i am with myself for pushing the universe for what i know it can't provide in the first place?
i'm sure you meant well but i do a good enough job kicking my own ass.
I'm not so sure about the universe being unable to provide..aren't we all part of the universe? if so, can we influence it, can we not? or are we all helplessly trapped in our own realities?
Forgive my interjection. Who am I to preach you on how to lead your life?
Post a Comment