In two completely unrelated events, last week began with hospital tests and ended with a funeral. With the combination of the two so close together, I have death on my mind. And life. I've been thinking about what makes a good life, what I'd like to see when I look back at the end of it all.
Seeing those gathered to honour L. at the service, looking at the pictures strewn across several bristol boards, pictures where she was rarely alone, instead always surrounded by loved ones, listening to messages from her Grandchildren about the shared gift of baking or gardening; it occurred to me - this is what it is all about.
It's about love. About the family I build, the lives I touch, the gifts I share. It's about what I leave behind.
So. What do I want to leave behind?
Sunday, March 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
mmm... loved how u phrased this
It's about love. About the family I build, the lives I touch, the gifts I share. It's about what I leave behind.
antonia
Post a Comment