There's been some big shot European football tournament thingy

Where I learned that pizza, fries, and pop are an international sporting event food phenomenon except here the pizza is topped with tuna, the fries look more like breakfast hashbrowns and the pop is more likely to be beer
There's been some biking

The affair between me and YU-lia continues. We're inseperable and I have to tell you - I think it's love.
There's been some random hot air balloon sightings

Where I was given pause to wonder about Torontonians; about whether, assuming we'd actually hop on our bikes for a leisurely ride along the shores of Lake Ontario after work in the first place, we'd stop and spend 1/2 an hour watching a hot air balloon fill with air and prepare for take off. I have a feeling we'd keep going, hell bent on enjoying our bike ride - dammit - or maybe that'd just be me.
There's been some beach sitting

Me sitting and staring at water. Surprise, surprise.
There's been some visiting

Where I learned that even the one year olds speak more languages than I do. Luckily for me, she forgave me for babbling gibberish at her and deigned to speak to me using the international language of "stuffed animals" (even though that's SO six-months old).
And there's been some decorating to acknowledge an earthday/environmental something or other


The strangeness of waking to find the Parliament steps covered in flowers was added to by the fact that they were Gerber Daisies - a flower I'm more accustomed to seeing in wedding bouquets and table centrepieces.
And there you have it. The weather is gorgeous, the days are long and life is good. Be well everyone. r.

3 comments:
a picture is worth a thousand words...but ALL your pictures are worth a big smile for your adventures with YU-lia....and it looks like you've stop to smell the flowers...so nice....by the-seat-of-pant....to play
Love the trip pic`s,
Who`s Yu lia ?
LOVE ..........."D"
sigh. i love you. i miss you. i'm happy you're happy & have a kid that will talk to you. I'm loving that bike. L.
Post a Comment