Saturday, March 8, 2008

a three hour tour

Some snow yesterday. I went out for a short walk that turned into a three hour, snow-filled tour of High Park with an intermission at my favourite coffeehouse for some warmth, great music and coffee.

Turns out yesterday was just the warm up for today, we're currently being pummeled by yet another snowstorm. I took some pictures while I was out collecting the morning coffee/newswpapers but all they really show is big, white spots - it's snowing quite heavily. I'll try again later but in the meantime, below are some pictures from yesterday's baby snowfall...



running

Pretty


if you look closely you can see that someone turned this snowman into a snowwoman...



Tinto's on Roncesvalles, my refuge from the storm


enjoying coffee, strange music and people watching



changing shifts


lots of abandoned bikes in snowbanks

What you can't see is the number of people ignoring the "Caution, thin ice" signs and walking on the pond in the background

No comments: