Following my physical a few weeks ago, the Doctor's office called me in to talk about my results - something they don't usually do. I'm the cleanest living person I know (or the most boring - whatever - why play with semantics) so I couldn't have much to worry about but I'd been tested for every possible thing under the sun and one never knows...
Turns out she wanted to talk about my iron levels. They're low. At 5 when they should be at 50. What a relief, not because I was worried about the other possibilities but because I've been so. freaking. tired lately. Actually, tired doesn't even cover it. Listless, drained, empty is closer. I thought maybe it was the season, my mood, the rush of finishing up work - any number of things but I didn't even think about my iron.
She proposed a supplement, one comprised of bull's blood. Uh, no. Even if I weren't a vegetarian, no. Instead I went to the health food store to buy a natural supplement. Unfortunately, stores confuse me, there's just so much stuff in them, and while I was drifting around the aisles I forgot what I was there for and I emerged half an hour later without iron but with chocolate.
If chocolate contained iron I'd be SO set.
Monday, April 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hey Iron Lady... hope you are ok.. MUST talk to you before you go but would be even better to hook up with you once you are on Anu's roof again we can skpye !
I am fine and having a good time :)
much love
Bad Ladyxxx
Hi Becca. Haven't read your blog for a while. Hope things work out with the iron level. Come visit Portland sometime! :)
Karen.
i went to health store yesterday for quinoa, decided it was to expensive, BUT left with chocolate!
must run in the fam......
xoeks
Post a Comment