Lately I've sensed an energy of questioning among those I've met both personally and professionally; not an unhappy or depressed questioning but more a curious one - what else is out there? It's a strange autumn in that sense; far from preparing for a long winter rest, we seem to be rousing ourselves to seek what it is we need. At the same point in time, there's an urgency there, a drive to figure it out now, have the answers now; this I feel very strongly.
Whether I feel frustratingly immobile or amazingly blessed depends so much on the situation. When I think about it, one of the biggest differences is the degree of commitment I bring with me; the very areas where I'm struggling are the same where I haven't actually arrived at a decision yet. In some cases they're also the ones where I've been waiting for others to help with decisions that are mine alone to make. Still, I'm reminded that there's no rush.
Playing with the possibilities is as relevant as committing to a dream. The beauty of this time of year is that the winter provides time to allow our questions to gestate and play with the possibilities that emerge, all we have to do is make room for the dream to form. And, really, there is no rush (I say this more for my benefit than anything else, I seem to have to remind myself a million times a day to just sit with it - whatever it is I'm struggling with - just sit with it. Surely it'll stick one of these days ;)
Monday, October 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment