No practice tomorrow meant tonight was for eating so we headed to the Green Hotel to stuff ourselves silly. The Green Hotel is an old British empire-type hotel with expanses of green lawn dotted with wrought iron chairs. I've been looking forward to sitting there as dusk turned to night for ages, the calm of their gardens creating a bubble around the chaos of traffic and high pitched horns that waits on the other side of the bushes. It was perfect.
I was tempted to order a gimlet because that sounds like something one drinks at tea time in an English garden but I don't exactly know what that is and I don't take alcohol so I refrained. The only restraint I showed all night. One order of masala fries turned into three, banana pancakes mixed with palak paneer mixed with spring roles, one order of dessert turned to three with extra helpings of ice cream please; it was quite a scene. Surrounded by greenery, the cool monsoon breeze blowing, horns creating a symphony, enough sugar to keep me flying for days, enough laughter to feed my soul for weeks and my favourite rickshaw driver out of the hospital and back to showing me what genuine goodness feels like with every interaction. Life smiles.
Hotel, dinner and rickshaw pictures.

1 comment:
beautiful smiles!!!
Post a Comment