It was strange to be here those first few days, I wasn't sure I wanted to stay. I come here so much, maybe it would have been better to go somewhere new? The shala is closed, the streets are empty and the town so quiet. Then I got into my practices and I'm madly in love with what is happening there, Narasimhan started teaching again, and as day to day life carried on I slowly met others until very quietly the loveliest group of friends was formed.
India has the most amazing habit of proving to me time and again that life gives me exactly what I need, always, exactly when I need it. I'm certain this is also the case at home but I have the habit of getting so busy I don't have time to notice anything other than how much I have to do. India provides a recharge button, taking me out of the familiar and slowing me down so that I can plug back into the mystery of a life that takes care of me whether I'm too busy to notice or not. I prefer noticing.

No comments:
Post a Comment